Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Lace Sucks!

I have given up on my attempts at lace work for the moment. I tried knitting the Moonlight Sonata Shawl in Diamond Baby Alpaca Lace and frogged it 4 times before I was even finished the collar. Then I decided that I was using the wrong yarn for the project as the pattern is written for a fingerweight rather than a lace weight. I switched to a fingering weight from Yarn Treehouse. Only had to frog this twice on the collar but it went much better than the alpaca. Then the fun began as I started the body of the shawl. Frogged back to the collar 4 times before deciding that lace is not something that I can do right now. I do not have the ability to concentrate or the patience to do lace with two toddlers running around. Thus goes my first attempt at lace. I will try again when life is not so hectic.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh I used to feel that way about lace. Find some "beginner" lace, something with a small lacy pattern that is easy to remember and work it in bigger yarn. Work on it in the morning (if you get up before the babies) or at naptime, but I wouldn't suggest working on it after they go to bed if you are tired.

You can do it and and love it! enjoy :) g